Dreadful frizz, how we wish you would go away forever! That is not very likely to happen, but have no worries as there are simple things that any individual can be able to do in their own bathroom to keep hair from getting frizzy (without breaking the bank).
- Never skip conditioner. Conditioner locks moisture into each hair strand so they don’t have to open up to try and absorb moisture. When you don’t condition, the cuticle opens up and gets frizzy.
- Let your hair air dry then dry the last 20% of the moisture. Too much added heat to the hair strands will dehydrate the stand and result in frizz. This is even worse in the winter time when there is less moisture.
- Invest in a good brush.Regularly brushing your hair will allow your hairs natural oils to be distributed evenly from your foots to your ends will keep your hair hydrated and keep humidity out.
- Avoid shampoo containing sulfate at all costs. Read the ingredients in your shampoo bottle and if you see sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) or sodium laureth sulfate (SLES) (these are the most common sulfates found in shampoos), then skip it. These ingredients strip all of your hairs natural oils, leading to frizz and can cause scalp irritation over time.
- Get a good hairspray. Apply hairspray to your comb and then distribute it throughout the hair. This will add weight to your hair and keep it down with a lasting hold for the day. If you don’t have a comb, then apply the spray to your hands and then distribute it throughout the hair and it will give you the same result.
These are the simple steps that don’t require much effort, or money, to start doing to get frizz free hair. Comment below with any questions or something that works for you that isn’t listen up here!